Ingles 6, Preparatoria Abierta
Enviado por alyii • 27 de Mayo de 2013 • 1.359 Palabras (6 Páginas) • 547 Visitas
Read the following paragraph:
Pshycology recognizes two types of research, experimental and differential. The former is concerned mainly with the overall processes governing human activities, and the latter sets out to establish individual differences in performance. More recent studies have demonstrated the need for a third type of psychological study, namely, that which has to do with human development. Rather than considering this aspect of human performance as a part of th and standarization in his data and experiment design.
1. According to the passage, what is the central goal of experimental research?
a) To arrive at a general classification of individuals.
b) To analyze individual differences in human activity.
c) To establish the psychological processes governing humans.
d) To administer experiments on humans and processes.
2. In line 4, the word "namely" is closest in meaning to:
3. According to the passsage, developmental psychology belongs in:
a) the domain of Piaget's work
b) a category of dispute studies
c) its own unique area of study
d) other domains of research
4. The phrase "keep in mind" is closest in meaning to:
5. According to the author's implications, which branch of psychology appears to be particularly controversial?
6. The word "advertise" means:
a) internal exhchange
c) satisfy demand
7. Mexico ______________ flowers to the United States.
8. "All in all" means:
a) considering everybody
b) considering everytime
c) considering everywhere
d) considering everything
9. An _______________ is a list of goods, with prices.
b) letter of credit
c) sight draft
d) time draft
10. An interrogative mark should be used at the end of the following sentence:
a) I am very happy.
b) I don't know what time it is.
c) Can you bring a pencil
d) I wonder where you are.
11. I would like to give you some __________________.
12. I am going to ____________ an architect to get my house built.
13. Please, ____________________ the baby.
a) catch a cold
c) keep an eye on
d) have on
14. If you study, you will have many __________________.
15. My father has a new _____________.
16. I would not like to _____________with you.
17. The noun for "prevent" is:
18. The meeting was _________________.